Apigenin is mainly derived from the umbelliferae plant celery, is a naturally occurring flavonoid compound, and exists in many plants in the form of phyto yellow.
One of the most widely known effects of apigenin is to lower blood pressure: scientists have conducted a lot of research on whether celery can lower blood pressure. Scientists have discovered that apigenin contained in celery has the effect of relaxing blood vessels and lowering blood pressure in animal experiments; the molecular structure of apigenin determines its unique physiological effects and biological characteristics, and has good biological effects. A large number of foreign studies have found that apigenin is a natural antioxidant, which can lower blood pressure, relax blood vessels, prevent atherosclerosis, and inhibit tumors. In human experiments, studies have shown that its antihypertensive effect may be related to the reflex effect of carotid body chemoreceptors, and it has a good antihypertensive effect in a short time.
What foods are high in apigenin?
Indeed all celery contains apigenin. Tangqin and Western celery belong to the same family of Umbelliferae. The difference between the two lies in the soil and planting methods of the East and West. In appearance, the stem of Tang Qin will be smaller than that of western celery, and it will also have more leaves. But it is also found in other plants such as chamomile, melissa, perilla, verbena, and yarrow.
In the current market, the lowest content of celery is about 0.02%, the conventional content of chamomile is 2.5%, and the content of synthetic sources can reach 98%. Apigenin derived from chamomile is a relatively conventional product.
What are the applications of apigenin?
1. As a raw material for medicines and health products: anti-virus, lowering blood pressure and anti-cancer
2. As a cosmetic raw material: anti-oxidation, whitening, spot-lightening, and other effects
Apigenin’s absorption of ultraviolet rays is concentrated in zone B (wavelength between 280~320nm), which is strong absorption and can be used in sunscreen cosmetics; while in zone A (wavelength between 320~400nm), the absorption is small, so low concentration The apigenin can be used as a skin darkening agent and added to tanning oil; it can be used as a pigment stabilizer in cosmetics, and the recommended dosage is 1%;
3. Apigenin can be used in creams; it can be compounded with vitamin B1, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, vitamin C, etc.; it can also be compounded with plant essential oils such as chamomile oil, calendula oil, almond oil, etc.; high concentration Apigenin can inhibit the activity of melanocytes, and can be added to cosmetics such as sunscreens, creams, essences, lotions, and facial masks; it can be used in shampoos and conditioners.
4. Can be used as feed material: anti-swine fever
5. It can be used as a food material: lowering blood pressure, losing weight, etc.
As a professional supplier and manufacturer in the fields of food additives, pharmaceuticals, and chemicals, Riotto has been supplying and exporting food additives, pharmaceutical, and chemical products from China for the past 10 years. Please rest assured to buy various products. If you have any questions or problems, please feel free to send us an email via [email protected], we will reply to you within 1 working day.