Eucommia ulmoides has a medicinal history of more than 2,000 years. The bark of Eucommia ulmoides is traditionally used as medicine. The active ingredients of Eucommia ulmoides leaves include flavonoids, iridoids, phenylpropanoids, lignans, polysaccharides, and eucommia rubber. Eucommia ulmoides is endemic to China. Distributed in Shaanxi, Gansu, Henan (Xichuan), Hubei, Sichuan, Yunnan, Guizhou, Hunan, Anhui, Shaanxi Jiangxi, Guangxi, Zhejiang, and other provinces, it is now widely planted in various places.
The main component of Eucommia ulmoides leaf extract is chlorogenic acid, which is an effective phenolic antioxidant. Its antioxidant capacity is stronger than caffeic acid, p-hydroxybenzoic acid, ferulic acid, syringic acid, butylated hydroxyanisole ( BHA), and tocopherols.
Chlorogenic acid has an antioxidant effect because it contains a certain number of R-OH groups, which can form hydrogen free radicals with antioxidant effect, thereby eliminating the activity of free radicals (such as hydroxyl free radicals and superoxide anions), thereby Protect tissues from oxidative damage. Its main pharmacological effects include lowering blood pressure, lowering blood lipids, lowering blood sugar, anti-inflammatory, and anti-viral, anti-fatigue, strengthening muscles and bones, anti-aging, etc.
What are the effects of chlorogenic acid？
1. Eucommia leaf extract is widely used to nourish the liver and kidneys, strengthen muscle and skeletal muscle, and reduce high blood pressure as a conventional product.
2. Eucommia leaf extract also has good antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
3. Remove wastes from the body and enhance the metabolism of human cells
4. Decompose, reduce body abnormalities and restore blood vessel elasticity
5. Diuretic, broad-spectrum antibacterial, and stimulation of the central nervous system
6. It has a very significant effect in improving the pharmacological and immune function of white blood cells.
In modern science, the research on the biological activity of chlorogenic acid has penetrated into the fields of food, health care, medicine, and the daily chemical industry. Chlorogenic acid has become a very popular raw material.
All parts of Eucommia ulmoides, especially the roots and leaves are good medicines. Due to its excellent medicinal effects, there are also many finished products on the market, such as eucommia bark tea, capsules, and extract powder.Riotto is a leading manufactory of chlorogenic acid powder. We have advanced production equipment and product quality assurance. If you are looking for this product, please contact us at [email protected]